Procrastinators Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from chronic procrastination.
Friday June 1, 2012
HAPPY FRIDAY, EVERYBODY!
THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY!
Step Two in PA:
Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
Have a great proactive day!
- Login to post comments
clock 7 hrs of work:
- 3 hours on ssl project
- 1 hr on testing delta + committing if it works
- 1 1/2 hrs on change for H. customer
- 1/2 hr of administrivia (exp. report)
- 1 hr of research
- edit resume
- read 50 pp of PKD
- practice guitar
- scan 10 items for eBay sales
- exercise (at least a 1/2 hr walk)
It's past noon and I've only done two little things.
For the next few hours I'm going to:
Check-in PA in 3 hours
Agnus checking in
Only had 1 sponsee call this morning, made my sponsor call, did some stretching exercises for my sore back, ate a nice breakfast, meditated a little (actually part meditation, part unintended nap! :-) ), straightened up the kitchen, and did a little yard clearing for the lawncare folks. With my Higher Power's help I will next do:
Get fax # for new vet
Ask old vet to fax records
PM for boss project
1pm vet appt Call Proj C folks
Write final Proj C report
Schedule rig for service
Pick up, handle and clear 5 pieces of paper from my desk
Journey's gym advice bears out: Nobody I know goes to my current gym, so I don't go either! There's another one a bit further away, where several of my friends go - and where J gets a free membership shold he ever choose to use it (not likely). So depending how J feels this afternoon/evening, I may visit the new gym and decide whether to transfer there. One small step....:-)
"My boundaries enclose a pleasant land." Psalm 16
kromer 10:30 CI
I've been in lab for 45 min and haven't gotten anything done. Argh!
OK, I guess the big things I need today are:
Make S8 SMF graph
Make R8 SMF graph
Make R8 plan (working on this now)
Submit for hist. (will do this soon)
Orders, plan for W18 expt, email D (working on this now)
ES cell counts
Mtg with adviser
Journey 9:45 & updates
I've been to the gym and was on time to work, but I've been sitting around drinking coffee and surfing instead of getting busy. Off to make todo list, it should be pretty straightforward because I have an emergency upgrade to to put in tomorrow and I'll be working on getting that ready. Everything else goes on the back burner. I'll check back if I get stuck, which is quite likely considering I'm under pressure. I really don't feel stressed about it though - I think I have a handle on what needs to be done and I should have plenty of time, if I can stay focused.
Update 2:45 and now I AM feeling stressed. I'm still on target though, no need to get freaked out. I had trouble getting the people that need this change to do their part of the paperwork to get it approved, but after a few panicky phone calls, they are moving along.
Embrace the suck!
tila - Fri
Still feeling very stressed out, couldn't study last night because of all the worrying. Hoping to channel out the worries today though.
2 LR - morning Wags, Sfwy 25 min of sleep 13 of LR 3 left JCP
CI Fri 1 Jun 2012
Check-in at 4:35 am PT
Praying to Higher Power for sanity indeed, Lennon. Thank you for the starter!
Here's my "critical" tasklist for today:
1) Followup on notices and contacts
2) Two Articles promised for Newsletter A (overdue!)
3) One article promised for Newsletter B (last minute!)
4) Banking / Bill payments
5) Call friend to set plans for Sunday event
6) Dinner plans at 4:30
Some of these items are time consuming and will be either getting a late start or short on sleep. Challenge is to get through them (and even better, some of my noncritical tasks).
Update at 2:20 am PT 2Jun2012 ("end of day")
1) One important contact made. Need to do some followup Saturday.
2) One of two articles done (took most of daytime). Editor may be able to handle the other (which was already drafted by someone else).
3) Editor for other newsletter used a previous version, which actually worked ok.
4) Partially done, will need to followup by Monday.
5) Friend not reached but messaged online.
6) Dinner plans cancelled @ wife's request (not feeling well). Good news for me because I was running late.
Glass half-empty: I didn't completely meet any of my goals.
Glass half-full: I did what was most important and made judgement calls about the rest. The two newsletter editors are handling things I meant to do but in both cases, I had taken action that got them what they needed.
My Day Today
I want to thank my Higher Power for this program, this website, the telephone and online meetings, and my life.
Things I will do today
1. Go to the 5:45 a.m. telephone ACA meeting
2. Go to the 7 a.m. telephone DA meeting
3. Go to the 7:30 a.m. telephone PA meeting
4. Take shower
5. Get dressed
6. Make business call
7. Go to the 8:30 a.m. telephone CLA meeting
8. Go to the 9:30 a.m. telephone PA check-in
9. Go to the 9:45 a.m. telephone CLA activity line
10. Cook and eat breakfast 11. Pay bills
12. Do numbers
13. Prayer and meditation morning and evening
14. Declutter 100 e-mail
15. Read some AA literature 16. Go to the 12 noon telephone ACA meeting 17. Go to the 1 p.m. telephone CLA activity line
18. Warm up and eat lunch
19. Make phone call
20. Go to the 4 p.m. telephone DA meeting
21. Go to work at 5:30 p.m.
22. Eat dinner
23. Go to the 10 p.m. telephone DA meeting
24. Wash dishes
Thanks for letting me share