Constance's big project is completed: Got my Master's degree!
I made it: Since Feb. 4th 2010 I'm the proud holder of a Master's Degree I thought I would never ever complete.
Daily tasks to keep me on my way to finding a job:
1. flylady - swish and swipe in the mornings
2. take daughter to daycare on time (leave house by 8:30)
3. go back to home office and work on freelance projects
4. have lunch-break (45 min including coffee)
5. spend 2-3 hours looking for full-time position, write application papers and send them out
6. spend 15 min sending out applications by snail mail
7. take 5-10 min breaks every hour
8. Pick up daughter from daycare and do some shopping, if neccessary. Rather do shopping on Saturdays!
9. Do something fun EACH day: watch a fun movie/show on DVD, read a fun book, meet neighbours with the kids, go to the theatre, go to the movies, meet friends or just spend quality time with daughter/husband in the evenings
10. Twice a month:
go to ADHD support group, works better for me than my shrink and my behavioral therapist cause they both have hardly a clue about adult women with ADHD/ADD
At night, before bedtime:
- flylady- shine sink
- pack my stuff AND lunch AND daughter's daycare stuff for next day
- go to bed at a decent hour: 10pm
1. write detailed weekly plan
and stick to it
2. weekends are off-limits. From now on I'll do something fun with my family.
That is more important than a silly university degree, even if I desperately need it for my sense of self worth and even more importantly: for finding a job. Done that degree-thingy
3. Do homeoffice Saturday or Sunday nights
4. Look for larger apartmentsFound one and already move there, yay!
5. Look for job
6. Look for nice shrink Got nice shrink, but not an ADD-expert. Need to look into that.
7. Check this Master List once a week and modify if neccessary
Keep in mind, that I am addicted to the www and especially to those American TV-shows I can only watch on an illegal website (American shows like LOST take months till they are aired in my homecountry and I can't watch it on ABC.com cause they won't let me with a European ip-address). I am like a drug addict who does anything to get to his/her drug. Once this website (hosted in the Netherlands where it's still "legal" to host movie rips) is taken down (and it will be taken down, I can read about it in the press that once or twice a year a Dutch movie server with 20000 illegal movies or so goes down - and all its users with it.) Do I really want to keep watching silly TV that keeps me from accomplishing my goals in life? No. I don't have any other addiction problems, never had, and I`ll tackle that one as well, maybe just watch one show a day ...
Other option: Wait till a season of "desperate housewives", lost, 24, braking bad or what ever comes out on DVD and rent/buy it. Benefit: I get to watch all 20 shows in a row :-)
Constance, March 25th 2010
My thing with the TV-shows is a deep-seated addiction. I went to a DVD store today to look at shows I could buy, but I've watched all those that interest me already online + most of those I've already watched aren't even out on the German market! I should go back there tomorrow and buy a nice movie instead - to keep me from obtaining my drug of choice on a shady website ... btw, I never downloaded anything, I just watch it online, it just goes into my cache, but I guess that's still quite shady ...?