For today: question yourself why certain things seem impossible to do.
Today I have already:
Today I will:
Spiritual time :)
Project C :)
Finish transcribing - in progress
Email mum :)
Call doctor :)
Set 2nd alarm :)
The ’3Ts’ aka ’Timed Task Tomorrow’ method - 3 questions before doing something online:
Is it Timed (set a timer)? Is it a Task? If it's a sudden impulse, can I act on it Tomorrow?
I want to thank my Higher Power for this program, this website, the telephone meetings, and my life.
I want to thank jalla for starting this trend.
Things I will do today
1. Go to the 5:55 a.m. telephone ACA meeting
2. Go to the 6:45 a.m. telephone OA meeting
3. Take shower
4. Eat breakfast
5. Go to the 8:30 a.m. telephone CLA meeting
6. Get dressed
7. Go to group therapy at 10:45 a.m.
8. Eat lunch
9. Go to the bus station and pay for my monthly pass
10. Go to Goodwill and ask for my letter
11. Cook and eat dinner
12. Go to the 5 p.m. telephone OA meeting
13. Go to the 6:45 p.m. telephone OA meeting
14. Go to the 8 p.m. telephone CLA meeting
15. Go to the 8 p.m. online EA meeting
16. Go to the 10 p.m. telephone DA meeting
Thanks for letting me share
Please do not leave advice or feedback. Thank you. Prayers welcome.
I've discovered that this whole not sleeping on time thing is not working. Mostly because there are a couple of things I need to get done: get my car checked out during a workday, go to the courthouse to pay my fines toward trial by jury. I would like to change my lifestyle so that I'm exercising and eating in the morning. It will cost me less in the long run. Taking my vitamins will aid my overall energy level. Brushing my teeth daily is one of my goals as an adult. So I've resolved to wake up 15 minutes earlier each day until I reach my goal of waking up at 7:30 am. Because the way I see it, I could wake up then, make breakfast until 8:30 am, brush my teeth, go running for an hour and drive to work to be there by 10 am. Or, that's the goal.
I woke up before 10am, but did not really get ready for bed by 2 am; more like 2:30am or thereabouts. But I did wake by 10am, which is the point. Tomorrow I want to commit to waking up by 9:45 am, which means I must correspondingly start getting ready for bed at 1:45 am. I think one strategy for this is to cut down ad-hoc Internet browsing, start watching whatever show I want to watch earlier, make dinner and take vitamins before checking my various inboxes. The "getting ready for bed" time basically means, after that point I cannot do anything besides the following:
* brushing, flossing, using listerine, using the periodontic brush
* putting laundry in the dryer or folding clothes on the bed, since I've made a commitment to sleep in bed
* twelve step stuff, if it comes up
* finishing up my exercise routine
pick up glasses
Web Sites and Techniques