Tabula Rasa - WordPress Site
This is the most complicated wordpress customization, configuration and install I have ever done, so I was experiencing some major demand resistance with it. Breaking through most of that--had a client call that was nearly two hours and getting close to what they wanted.
Lessons So Far:
- Not asking for a change order when they changed the scope of work made me more likely to procrastinate on the project. I was feeling resentful that they weren't paying me more, but I didn't provide an updated quote. I used it as an excuse to procrastinate.
Research multi-site installation Do multi site installation
- Figure out why new sub domain isn't working
- Purchase new URL (Unless they have their current host do it).
- Upload new logos when received from designer
- Find notes from old calls (SUPER IMPORTANT!)
- Review old notes and make changes that still apply
- Delete content from page A.
- Add content to page B.
- Configure galleries according to scans.
- Configure newsletter
- Add "subscribe" button to website.
- Send best practices doc as I promised.
- Move site to new server (Possibly outsourcing this step. The database is getting a bit unweildy. If I get stuck I will ask for help immediately. No more stalling.
- Send final invoice.
Steps 1-10 will be completed by Monday, 12/3. I am already 20% there!