Hi - procrastinator of 10+ years signing in.
so I first wrote a complete, too long, text about my current situation as introduction. I decided to make it shorter in this way:
- some problems at work, showing up just too late, problems with deadlines/workloads,...luckily nothing too bad (this is not the major problem at all)
- showing up late with family, friends,... so much so that I keep getting comments and even angry looks/discussions
- procrastinating has made me go from engineering study to a simple bachelor degree (+-8years ago)
- started study again 1 year ago for master, now 7 out of 10 courses I got a re-exam. (this is the worst showing of my problem)
- luckily not problems with paying bills here or something of that sort
- after many lengthy talks with girlfriend, she now has some kind of grasp on what it feels like for me and is as supportive as she can be
- been using K9 webblocker to block out distracting websites (online series, games, reddit, forums,...) with password to my gf
- found super motivating videos on Youtube by Eric Thomas -> this guy has helped me tremendously lately, look him up!
- went back to the school psychology center for intake, will get result soon, will problably join a procrastination workgroup next school year
- I'm not doing too bad on my exams now (I think! :) ), especially considering I have to study all the material in a couple of days per course, sometimes less.
So summarized: it is not as bad as some people I have read about here, but I'm not going to undermine my problem because I know if I don't get help and keep fighting it, I will never pass this master degree and this problem is going to chase me for the rest of my life.