newcomer... hello everyone!
My name's Lucas... I'm new here... I've been a member of AA for over eight years now, but it's taken me this long to realise I have a problem with procrastination... Though I'm Irish by birth, I live in Madrid in Spain, and I'm really glad I found this forum, as meetings are a bit thin on the ground here (aside from AA)...
Anyway, here are a few of the things that procrastination has prevented me from doing:
* Learning to drive - I'm 36, but still haven't sorted out my driving licence... it's something I've been 'meaning to do' for as long as I can remember
* Freelance writing - For literally years I've been meaning to make inroads into freelance writing, having worked extensively as a journalist and editor, but I'm yet to make any meaningful progress
* Voluntary work - there are a number of issues and causes that I really care about, but I've done nothing about them, despite having the best of intentions, again.... for years
* Education - there are several areas where I'd like to further my education, but I've done nothing about it
* I could go on and on, and make a really long list (to bore you all with!), but these are just a few of the 'biggies'...
ANyway, I look forward t 'seeing' you and getting to know you in the forums.... I'm so glad this resource is here!