fudoshin: 43 things the PA way
I need to rework this list, and focus a lot more on topline behavior. It's important to keep the bottomlines, but I also need to keep the toplines. It's not enough just to abstain from this or that. I've got to have some shit in my life worth living for, so to speak. For now I'm piloting the following restrictions. I find it's harder to work with absolutes than restrictions.
- I will allow myself to spend 30 minutes on YouTube (and other video sites) during the weekend.
- I need to make a list everyday of things that need to get done. I must
order the list for priority level. I have to repeatedly look at the
list, when switching tasks.
- I work on my papers for at least one hour everyday, until I finish.
- For eight weeks, I will exercise once a day for thirty minutes, even if it's as simple as walking for thirty minutes. I can do walking, running, jogging, swimming, martial arts, yoga, weight training, sit-ups, push-ups or any combination thereof for thirty minutes.(1/17/10)
- For the end of this term and next (spring and winter), I will be on time for my remaining appointments and commitments, when possible. I know there are emergencies, but there's a difference between an emergency and when I can actually be on time. I will turn work in on time for my remaining commitments, and I will communicate with people when I don't think I can get work in on time. I will also do the required preparation for the day. If I'm required to read a certain piece of material, I will read it by the time, I'm supposed to. (1/17/10)
- This means I have to leave on the 3:20pm (I cannot tell if I need to depart on the 3:13pm bus) bus on Tuesday and Thursday, and on Monday and Wednesday during session, I must leave home at 2:30pm.
- In order to get to the meeting at 7:30pm on Thursday nights, I honestly have to leave as soon as class is over.
- I will brush my teeth at 11pm, before going to sleep, for the next year. If I get home later than 11pm, then I brush, as soon as I get home; if I fall out of consciousness and don't realize the time, I will brush as soon as I'm aware of the time. I just have to be honest with myself. And by brushing I mean, one brushing of my teeth with a regular toothbrush. This is actually bottomline, topline behavior, meaning i am requiring myself to do this in order to keep my sobriety.(12/26/09)
- I go to a twelve step meeting for PA, CoDA and SLAA once a week.(12/26/09)