Procrastinators Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from chronic procrastination.
Wednesday February 19, 2014
Happy (Huumphday) Wednesday, Everybody!
Tool Four of PA
Focus on Long Term Consequences--Procrastinators have a tendency to focus on short-term pleasure and shut out awareness of long-term consequences. Remind yourself how panicked and awful you'll feel if the task isn't done, then imagine how good it will feel when the task is finished.
Have a great proactive day!
- Login to post comments
Marcelor Wednesday CI
All I can do is show up. Feeling particularly low today and on the verge of giving up on my PhD. I am tired of this constant suffering.
Maint. basics, exer, plan, follow through, use tools that work good starterlen
Thank you Lennon - tool four is so important. I needed to read this today! Thank-you for the great starter.
readings meditation tidy get ready call physio diary r out get ready go to meeting paper and chocolates and bday card f call hospital call d write new a-p pool rehab drop card etc g on way home post f card shopping email v back text l, l and e text l sort v pack wrap presents call l re v pack write call a
My Day Today
I want to thank my Higher Power for this program, this website, the telephone meetings, and my life.
Thing I have done today
Went to the 5:55 a.m. telephone ACA meeting
Things I will do today
1. Go to the 6:45 a.m. telephone OA meeting 2. Go to the 7 a.m. telephone DA meeting 3. Cook and eat breakfast
4. Go to the 8:30 a.m. telephone PA meeting
5. Pay a bill 6. Take shower
7. Get dressed
8. Go to the store
9. Go to group therapy at 10:45 a.m.
10. Eat lunch
11. Do a chore 12. Go to group therapy at 1 p.m. 13. Go to the 3 p.m. telephone CLA meeting 14. Go downstairs and get my mail
15. Go through my papers
16. Cook and eat dinner
17. Go to the 6:45 p.m. telephone OA meeting
18. Go to the 8 p.m. telephone CLA meeting
19. Go to the 9 p.m. online EA meeting
20. Go to the 9:30 p.m. telephone CLA meeting
Thanks for letting me share
@ Lennon - thank you for the thread-starter
I was just reading up on how to do it! And so my reading is not wasted, here's a picture...
Just realised I could do Thursday so we're a day ahead. *wanders off to do that*