Procrastinators Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from chronic procrastination.
Tuesday June 19, 2012
HAPPY TUESDAY, EVERYBODY!
Step Seven of PA:
Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings.
Have a great proactive dasy!
- Login to post comments
tracy-la check in 6-19-12 - making life easier
Not the easiest day today. I was feeling like I'll never change and then I stepped back, called a PA friend -- she made me think "how badly do I want this," reminded me of the positive things in my life and I remember it doesn't have to be so hard. Here was a reading that was helpful:
Making Life Easier
Life doesn't have to be hard.
Yes, there are times we need to endure, struggle through, and rely on our survival skills. But we don't have to make life, growth, recovery, change, or our day-to-day affairs that hard all the time.
Having life be that hard is a remnant of our martyrdom, a leftover from old ways of thinking, feeling, and believing. We are worthy, even when life isn't that hard. Our value and worth are not determined by how hard we struggle.
If we're making it that hard, we may be making it harder than it needs to be, said one woman. Learn to let things happen easily and naturally. Learn to let events, and our participation in them, fall into place. It can be easy now. Easier than it has been. We can go with the flow, take the world off our shoulders, and let our Higher Power ease us into where we need to be.
Today, I will stop struggling so hard. I will let go of my belief that life and recovery have to be hard. I will replace it with a belief that I can walk this journey in ease and peace. And sometimes, it can actually be fun.
From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990,
my ONE big thing for today...
get FSU bill...
Progress CI: Tues. 6/19
Thanks lennon. I would LOVE for God to remove my shortcomings (please do!)
Off to a good start today. Want to keep it simple.
The following are already done by 9:45am:
Wash face/brush teeth/make bed/shower/dressed/makeup Got breakfast UA phone meeting
TA-DA LIST FOR TODAY:
One action to apply for base job
Light stretch breaks/Lunch/Dinner/water/supplements
Leave for practice at 5:15
Late tonight (my bday after midnight :grin: )
Will dye hair
Will do nails
Possibly dust/sweep/vacuum & do laundry if it's not too late
Read Bible/step wkbk
My Day Today
I want to thank my Higher Power for this program, this website, the telephone and online meetings, and my life.
Things I will do today
1. Go to the 5:45 a.m. telephone ACA meeting
2. Go to the 7 a.m. telephone DA meeting 3. Go to the 7:30 a.m. telephone PA meeting 4. Go to the 8:30 a.m. telephone PA meeting 5. Take shower 6. Go to the 9:30 a.m. telephone PA check-in 7. Go to the 9:45 a.m. telephone CLA check-in 8. Cook and eat breakfast 9. Go to the 11 a.m. telephone PA meeting 10. Go to the 12 noon telephone ACA meeting 11. Go to the 1 p.m. telephone CLA activity line 12. Wash dishes
13. Call the pharmacy
14. Call for an appointment with the dermatologist 15. Eat lunch 16. Clear tables 17. Clear the bed
18. Sweep the floor
19. Take inventory on some of my books
20. Warm up and eat dinner 21. Go to the 7 p.m. telephone OA meeting 22. Go to the 8 p.m. telephone CLA meeting 23. Go to the 9 p.m. online EA meeting 24. Go to part of the 9 p.m. telephone OA meeting 25. Go to the 9:30 p.m. telephone CLA activity line 26. Test blood sugar twice
27. Prayer and meditation morning and evening
28. Work on my Steps
29. Declutter 200 e-mail
Thanks for letting me share