w.i.p.: building 10min. daily routine of clearing out
Inspired by overdue's success with her living space, I'm going to try to build a routine of doing 10 minutes a day of "clearing out." Anything that I don't definitely want to keep is eligible, but to count, it can't just move from one stack or pile to another--it needs to be noticeably closer to being gone, such as:
- now in a trash container
- now in a recycling container and ready to go to the next stage (i.e., plastic film must be in a plastic film bag)
- now clean enough to transfer to someone or some organization
- now in a labeled package for a specific recipient and scheduled for when/where to transfer it
- other appropriate "next action" now taken
Initially, I'm going for 10 minutes a day for the next week. Starting today.
- Experiment with setting a timer and playing music.
- Ask myself, "What can I get rid of?"
- Take joy in each step, however small--it is a step toward a healthier and more satisfying life!
- Compliment myself on progress!
Cheering-on would be welcome.
OK, here I go!