Wednesday march 14
Good Morning from Australia - My name is Emma and I have yet to go to bed because....I spent all of Tuesday in the grips of "Demand Resistance".
I managed to do most of my tax, salary sacrifice, insurance and superannuation applications, birthday cards, cull email inbox, organise a party, change my phone plan, chase up some overcharged bills, started up a new online savings account and sleep for 6 hours during the day (I'm transitioning from night shift). Sounds great? NO.NO NONONO!!!! I have not touched my exam study for over a week now.
"We suffer from Demand Resistance, causing us to do anything and everything except the one thing we most need to do."
The only thing i need to be doing is study for my exams in 16days. And I have two tutes to prepare for in the next two days - or should I say TODAY.
So lets wipe the slate clean and not use this as ammunition against myself or a reason to give up.
Instead, today is Wednesday the 14th of March and it is a full and new day. Welcome to today everyone!
My check in today will be:
1. To consciously be gentle and kind to myself and to have a conveniently poor memory of yesterday.
2. Read through 4 more questions for pathology.
3. Get some sleep until 0745.
4. Have a shower to relax, have a good filling breakfast. make a nice coffee.
5. 0830 Arrive at library at work - print out pathology questions.
6. aim to read 3 pathology questions per hour - with 10 min breaks.
7. in 10 min breaks - visualise and read through 12steps and tools.
8. lunch at 1230
9. 1300 back to study questions
10. 1430 tutorial - be kind to myself - a wrong answer is just one you can learn from !!!
11.1530 - relax and jump about!! good job.
12. 1545 print out remserv form, fill out and fax
13. ring up super funds to clarfiy details, - go to payroll and hand in super forms & incr contribution
14. hand in HECS form
15. post letters and cards
16. go for swim and reelaaaax
17. dinner with grandma
18. start process of going through more pathology questions until
19 bed time at 10pm - back to work on thurs
Here's to Us! Heres to Today. Heres to Opportunity.
[and heres to getting off the internet ;) ]