Hypatia's reports project is complete
5 months after starting I have finally dictated the last of the backlog of 100+ reports
When I started I had severe depression following my husband's death, and my manager had massively reduced my workload so I could concentrate on reports and meetings. To start with it would take me several hours to do a report that would normally take about an hour. After two months I was back to a full workload and was beginning to enjoy my work again.
What has helped
- being set a realistic time scale by my manager (target was 1 Oct 2012)
- being given permission to prioritise this part of my work
- reading other people's experiences on this website
- dividing difficult reports into small sections that would only take 10 mins so i got a sense of achievement without being overwhelmed
- using the chatbox - it's amazing how being with others who are working in the same way and understand the problem stimulated me to keep going instead of giving up
Thank you all so much for your help.
I'll be back with more projects, but this was the biggie as that backlog had started way back in June 2011.