Making Work a Game
How to Make Work a Game!
The following "rules" might help me keep a lighter, more detached attitude toward my work. And that, I hope, will reduce the causes of my procrastination. Perhaps they will be helpful to others, too.
1. Follow the rules of your workplace (including social rules).
2. Take your lumps (pay your debts, fees, & fines) with courage. That's just how the game goes.
3. Strategize! Take good care of your body, property & finances (including taxes) & time.
3. Experiment. Pretend you are an anthropologist or social scientist while you try out things that you don't normally do....
4. Take chances (try challenging, riskier things and invest in new things for yourself, work, and other arenas of your life).
6. Challenge others (duel, spar, play, tease, goad, incite, initiate).
7. DO pass Go, and COLLECT YOUR REWARDS!
8. Delight in the fun & fellowship.
For me, being sane and happy, and still employed and housed for the next 2 years (until DS graduates) means I WIN. What is YOUR goal?