Buisness Meeting Minutes
Buisness Meeting dt. 27 December 2009
Members Present :
1) Movingalong 2) Samssa
1) Silent Invocation of Group Higher Power.
2) Disucssion of issues raised by Samssa via email dt. 25 October 2009 regarding lack of sponsorships and recovery partners in the fellowship and members during meetings.
3) Movingalong brought to the notice of the group that
i. Many other 12 step fellowships have different concepts of recovery partners including in
a. Underearners Anonymous have "action partners".
b. Clutterers Anonymous have "decluttering buddies".
c. Debtors Anonymous has TWO peers to be your "pressure relief team " who you meet regularly to brainstorm financial solutions.
d . Overeaters Anonymous has a 'food sponsor" someone you check in with daily for food accountability
ii. Suggestions to deal with lack of sponsors in P.A.
a. Underearners Anonymous a relatively new fellowship suggests that you get a sponsor from ANY other 12 Step fellowship who has worked the 12 steps and In Oveareaters Anyonomous you have a main sponsor that you work the 12 steps with and a recovery partner who you check in with daily for food accountability. Thus, combining practices from both , we could start using a 12 Sponsor from another fellowship ( AA, NA etc) and get a recovery partner from our own fellowship, Procrastination Anonymous.
b. Step Sponsor is about the Steps and Recovery Partner is about the tools.
3. Samssa proposed that recovery partners be classified into short term or long term and be called Tasks Partner and Project Partners respectively. Taks Partners would be someone we maintain accountability with for daily Tasks while a Project Partner would be someone we maintain accountability with regard to a Special and Longer Term Project.
4. Movingalong proposed that a new tool be added to the Tools of Recovery including taking satisfaction in tasks and projects completed and celebrating completed Tasks instead of focusing exclusively on unfinished and pending Tasks which can lead to further procrastination and perfectionism .
5. Meeting ended with Silent Prayer and Gratitude to H.P. for a productive business meeting.